Say yes to pampering and treating yourself to an at-home spa day for the ultimate self-love celebration. Slowing down, relaxing and enjoying a few minutes to yourself is easy with a DIY spa day. Having some R&R can be any time of the year, too. Here’s our spa guide with tips on how to recreate the experience at home.
Create a Calm Mood
Set the mood for relaxation with these at-home spa essentials.
Roses or choice of flowers
Optional: Essential oil diffuser with choice of essential oils
Prep a glass of bubbly and this easy Yogurt & Fruit Bowl Snack Recipe
Yogurt & Fruit Bowl Snack
Yogurt (your choice of plain, whole milk, Greek yogurt or vegan yogurt)
Bite-sized pieces of fruit (such as strawberries, mango, kiwi, pomegranate, raspberries or other seasonal fruit
Seeds and Nuts (such as chia seeds, walnuts, almond slivers or pecans)
Granola (choose a vanilla or honey flavored granola for extra sweetness)
Toppings of choice (such as coconut flakes or chocolate chips)
Sweetener (such as honey, vegan agave nectar, maple syrup)
- Choose a colorful bowl and pretty spoon if available, and put one serving of yogurt into the bowl.
- Layer fruit, granola, seeds, nuts, toppings and sweetener in that order.
- Serve immediately so the granola stays crunchy.
2-Ingredient Hair Mask
Give your hair the love it deserves with this all-natural 2-ingredient hair mask using what’s in your kitchen.
2 tbs Coconut Oil
1 tbs Olive Oil
Microwave safe bowl
Disposable shower cap
- Combine coconut oil and olive oil in microwaves safe bowl. Multiply the amounts depending on hair length.
- Microwave for 10 seconds at a time until the products melt into a warm serum (not hot)
- Drape a towel or wear an old shirt. Apply serum to hair with a spoon, starting at the ends and massaging upward. Stop when you get 2 inches away from the roots.
- Use a Large Teardrop Mirror Hand Held Mirror to see the back of your head and make sure you cover your entire hair completely with serum.
- Tie hair up and place the disposable shower cap over your whole head.
- Let the serum sit for at least 20 minutes (the longer the better especially for dry and damaged hair). Mixture can be left overnight.
- Wash out two times with a clarifying shampoo then condition and style as normal. If you don’t do a double wash with clarifying (not regular) shampoo, the hair might still feel greasy. Hair should not feel greasy after washing.
DIY Relaxing Bath Soak
Create a relaxing lavender bath soak to detoxify and soften your skin.
½ cup baking soda (or Epsom salt)
1 ½ cup powdered whole milk
10-20 drops of lavender essential oil
Optional: dried lavender flowers
- Combine ingredients into a mason jar to store leftovers for later.
- Fill a bathtub with warm water, then slowly add the bath soak until desired consistency is reached.
- Soak in the tub for at least 20 minutes to detoxify and relax.
For clear and smooth skin, try this simple facial steam.
Herbs of choice to fill a bowl half way (such as parsley, chamomile or licorice root to detoxify)
Heat safe bowl
- Bring water to a boil and add to bowl
- Mix herbs into bowl and let sit for 30 seconds
- Drape a towel over your head and shoulders, and lean over the water while keeping your face 12 inches from the water.
- Steam your face for 5-10 minutes to clean pores and impurities.
- Dry face with a towel. Use a magnified lighted mirror for a clear view of your fresh complexion and apply a toner, face serum and moisturizer according to your skin type.
Finish your pamper session with a mani/pedi. Use these tips to create a salon finish.
Tools You’ll Need:
Nail polish base and top coat
Nail polish color of choice
Bowl with warm water
- Setup the Floorstanding LED Lighted Magnifier on the side of the table so you can clearly see the details for a flawless manicure.
- Soak fingers in bowl with warm water for 2 minutes
- Use orangewood stick to push back cuticles
- Dry hands and use nail file and nail clipper to trim and shape nails
- Use 1 coat of base coat, 2 coats of color, and 1 coat of top coat.
- Bonus Points: Use a fast drying top coat and dry drops for speedy dry time.